Sunday, May 17, 2015

Living with EBV

I have been sharing this on my personal fitness blog, but I haven't taken the time to share this on my FB page yet, so I thought it might be time to let you into my personal journey. I am currently struggling with Epstein-Barr Virus. EBV is the same virus that CAN cause Mononucleosis (Mono), but it doesn't always. I am NOT contagious. The bad news is that once you have EBV, you have it for life. Many times, after the initial infection, it will remain inactive in the body. Sometimes it will reactivate. Believe it or not, 90% of adults carry EBV. In most cases, it does remain inactive. There is no cure for EBV. Many people just wait the virus out (as you would a common cold), until the symptoms get better.

If you know me at all, you know that I CAN'T SIT BACK AND WAIT IT OUT. I am currently researching, and learning about how to tweak my diet to help improve my symptoms. I find it absolutely AMAZING that almost any illness can be improved with a proper diet. Often times the diets will change slightly based on the type of illness, but it all revolves around getting away from the processed foods, and artificial sweeteners. I am also looking into several supplements that are supposed to help boost my immunity. I will be posting about my journey and sharing the tips that I find helpful.

If you want to read more about EBV, or learn more about my journey do far, check out my blog http://melissablairjourneyfitness.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment