Like spicy? Check out this game day recipe!!
Triple Pepper Nachos
- 5 7 inch 7- to 8-inch whole wheat flour tortillas or 4 ounces baked tortilla chips (about 5 cups)
- Nonstick cooking spray (optional)
- 1 15 ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3/4 cup purchased chunky salsa
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat colby and Monterey Jack cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 bottled roasted red sweet peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons bottled pepperoncini salad pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- bottled sliced pickled jalapeno chile peppers, chopped*
- Light dairy sour cream (optional)
- Thinly sliced green onions
- Purchased chunky salsa (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. If using whole wheat flour tortillas,
lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with nonstick cooking spray.
Cut each tortilla into six wedges. Place wedges in a single layer on a
very large ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until
lightly browned and crisp, turning once halfway through baking. Tortilla
wedges will continue to crisp as they cool.
2. Meanwhile, in a
medium saucepan combine black beans and the 3/4 cup salsa; cook and stir
over medium heat just until heated through.
3. On a very large
ovenproof platter, arrange tortilla chips one to two layers deep,
overlapping slightly. Spoon bean mixture on chips. Sprinkle cheese,
roasted red peppers, pepperoncini pepper, and jalapeno peppers over bean
mixture on chips.
4. Bake about 5 minutes or until cheese is
melted. If desired, top sour cream with green onions. Serve nachos
immediately. If desired, serve with sour cream and additional salsa.