Sunday, November 16, 2014

Why I am a Beachbody Coach

I am often asked, "Melissa, why are you so into fitness and nutrition?"

The truth is that I wasn't always into fitness and nutrition. Several years ago, I was at a point in my life where I realized that my health was truly affecting me. I couldn't be the mom that I wanted because I didn't have the energy or the motivation for my kids. I found that with each passing year, I was adding new health issues to my list. I was depressed and playing the victim. I let my weight take over, and I honestly believed that it was part of life and that there was nothing I could do about it. Just before my 34th birthday, I finally took a good hard look at myself, and realized that I did not want to continue down this path. I wanted to be more active in my children's lives, and I definitely wanted to be around to watch them grow up.

It was a slow process, but I made the effort to eat right and exercise more. I lost 45 pounds in that first year, and another 10 in the following year...while consistently maintaining my weight loss along the way! In May of 2013, I joined a Slim in 6 challenge group on Facebook, through my old college roommate, Jen. Participating in that group forever CHANGED MY LIFE. It was through that group where I realized how much my life had changed because of my new healthy habits. Now I was adding in a fantastic exercise routine that helped me slim and shape my new body. I realized that the group support that I was getting was giving me confidence and motivation to keep up my journey.

I started my Facebook page several weeks later, and discovered that sharing my story, not only motivated me, but gave others hope for their own journey as well. I find that the more I learn about others and help them find their path to good health, the more inspired I am to stick to my path. It only takes, one person or one moment to completely change your perspective. If I can help someone find that turning point, I know that they will most certainly reach their goals!

Being healthy is about fitness AND nutrition. I am conscious of the foods I eat because I want to fuel my body with the best foods. I am human, I still eat junk food...just not as often as I used to. I have also learned that regular exercise is SO VERY important. it took me YEARS to make it part of my daily routine. Running and participating in Challenge groups keeps me motivated to keep it up too!

Want to start your journey? Message me today and I can help!








www.beachbodycoach.com/mb5155

No comments:

Post a Comment