Monday, April 14, 2014

I have lost over 60 pounds in 3 years...and I am still going. Does that sound impressive? The 60 pounds part probably does. But the 3 years part doesn't sound that impressive. Why is this a big deal? I will tell ya....


It took me over 15 YEARS to put on my extra weight. I would be CRAZY to think that there would be a quick solution to getting it all back off. Sure, I could have lost all that weight in 6 months. There are ways to do it. However, many times people jump into a quick weight loss solution and lose the weight. Then when the program ends, they revert to their old habits and GAIN the weight back! I didn't want to do that. I wanted to lose it and KEEP IT OFF!!! In the past 3 years, I have made small changes to my lifestyle. A little bit at a time, so that I would make those changes a habit. Small changes, like - GIVING UP POP!!! I used to drink 2 or 3 cans a day. Now, I may drink it on very rare occasion, but I usually look for other options. 

Because I made each change a habit before starting a new change, they STUCK WITH ME. I have maintained my weight loss throughout my journey. For the most part, I have NOT felt deprived! I get to celebrate birthdays with cake. I will eat the entire bag of chips on occasion. I even have the occasional meal at McDonald's (**gasp**). They key is that 80% of the time I make those good choices, so that the other 20% of the time, I can splurge and truly ENJOY some of my favorite things.

Whatever YOU have planned for YOUR journey, I can help keep you motivated. Together we can reach those goals. Message me if you need a coach, or jump right in and create a free account on my Team Beachbody www.beachbodycoach.com/mb5155!  My coaching is ALWAYS FREE! 

No comments:

Post a Comment