Monday, April 28, 2014

Going Gluten Free

After lots of research and some serious soul searching.  We have made the decision to start reducing the amount of gluten products we buy and use at our house.  My 4 year old son has always had problems with digestion, bloating and constipation.  It wasn't until recently that I realized that we may have a bigger problem on our hands.  Since October, my son has had 14 cavities in his teeth!!!  CRAZY!!!!  Before you jump to conclusions,  I don't buy juice, the kids are limited on their sugary drinks, and they drink mostly water.  In fact, my 4 year old picks water over other drinks more so than my older 3 kids.  I am still the one that brushes my 4 year olds teeth.  I know his teeth are being taken care of.  I recently read that a gluten intolerance or sensitivity can lead to an increase in tooth decay.  So, we are giving it a try! Along with some other natural remedies known to reverse tooth decay (coconut oil, homemade re mineralization toothpaste, fermented cod liver oil, vitamin D....I told you I did my research), we are going to try being more conscious of gluten usage at my house.

Is anyone in my blog following gluten free?  I would love to hear your tips and advice!


No comments:

Post a Comment