This week's challenge: Exercise 30 minutes a day 5 days this week
Many think that exercise is just for weight loss and using it to get
rid of some body fat but losing weight shouldn't be the only reason you
should exercise. Exercising regularly benefits your whole body - physically and emotionally.
Outside of the aesthetic reasons people engage in exercise, there are
many other overlooked health benefits that are critical to improving
quality of life and long-term health.
Daily activity that is 30
minutes in duration, completed in one session, 2 fifteen minute bouts,
or 3 ten minute bouts has numerous benefits outside of weight loss and
10 REASONS YOU SHOULD BE EXERCISING 30 MINUTES EVERY DAY
If everyone walked for 30 minutes daily between 3-4 miles per hour it would:
1. Improves your Cardiovascular Health
2. Combat Chronic Diseases - Reduce the risk of type II diabetes by 58% if persons at high risk
3. More exercise means more energy - Having 30 minutes of exercise may
not seem much to people, but you may be surprised how effective a
30-minute workout can be. For a quick 30-minute exercise, people end up
feeling more energized throughout the day, and even until the evening.
The more a person improves his or her stamina and strength, the more he
or she finds it easy to do tasks every day. Even climbing stairs and
carrying groceries would seem like a simple task after 30 minutes of
4. Ward off viral illnesses - Exercise activates your immune system.
5. Reduces the Risk of Cancer - Reduce risk of breast cancer by 20% in
white and African American women. Reduce mortality with patients who
have been diagnosed with breast cancer by 25%. Also, it can reduce the
risk of pancreatic cancer among overweight adults
6. Improve Your
Brain Power - One of the effects of exercise is that it increases the
levels of serotonin in the brain. This increase leads to improved
clarity and mental function as well as improves your productivity
Live longer - Studies show that people who participate in regular
aerobic exercise live longer than those who don't exercise regularly.
8. Improves your Mood - Exercise releases endorphins which promotes
feelings of happiness and combats feelings of depression and anxiety.
9. Walking helps alleviate symptoms of depression
10. Weight Management - Decrease overall bodyweight and percent of body fat
Exercising for thirty minutes straight, in two 15-minute bouts, or
three 10-minute bouts everyday is a small price to pay for improving
your health, reducing your risk of chronic disease, obesity and
maintaining a high quality of life.