Thursday, December 5, 2013

Transformation Thursday: Adam

Insanity + his own body weight, and the desire to change = Adam lost 75 pounds in less than 6 months!!!

Here's Adam's story:
When I weighed 260 pounds I was always tired, lethargic, and never wanted to go out and do anything because I was so self conscious about the way I looked. My body made me feel like someone I was not; sadly I never really felt right about myself. I had so many health problems that it was ridiculous; 27 year olds should not be experiencing constant chest pain, sleep apnea, and random black outs. I knew I needed to do something to get back in shape and get back to living and enjoying life. But what? I had no idea where to start.
Then I discovered Insanity and my life changed forever. After the first week of the program I was so incredibly sore, but I knew it was a good kind of sore so I kept pushing play—every single day. The nutritional aspect of the program was key for me because it taught me what to eat and when. This was something I’ve struggled with for a long time. But now, I had a guide, and all I had to do was follow it. So I did, and the weight came off.
I really liked the fact that I could do the Insanity workouts quickly and that they didn’t require any outside equipment. The other nice thing was how simple they actually were. I can practically do all of the workouts without needing the DVD's now because I memorized them so well.
In less then 6 months I lost 75 pounds, went from a 42 pant to a 29, and my body fat went from 42% down to 15%. WOW! I really cannot believe how much weight I lost in such a short period of time. Neither can anyone else. Being able to just move without feeling out of breath is so amazing to me.
The other day I was lying down and quickly sat up and realized: I did that without any type of struggle. Then I realized how much I take for granted now because sitting up without a struggle used to be something that I wasn’t able to do. The weird thing is how much I want to be active now that I’ve lost all this weight. There are days when I get busy and don’t get to work out at my normal time, and I can feel my body telling me that it wants to be active. So I eventually I get a workout in and I feel a million times better.
Today I’m in better shape than I’ve been in a long, long time. Thank you Beachbody for creating a program that anyone can pretty much do anywhere; a program that requires nothing but themselves and a passion to lose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment