Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Tell me something Tuesday: Home School

 I thought I would take some time once a week or so to share something about me. Please feel free to comment with questions or suggestions about what you would like to know about me!!

If you follow my Blog, you have probably already read that I am a busy mom of 4. My kids are ages 11, 9, 6 and 3. The oldest is a girl, and the 3 younger ones are boys. Love my kiddos!!

Did you know that I also homeschool my kids? If you ever thought it was difficult trying to fit in a workout while you have young kids in the house, then throw in a 6th grade, 4th grade and 1st grade curriculum, PLUS a 3 year old running around!! Talk about needing to have a game plan!

My older kids used to go to a traditional public school, and after much thought and discussion, my husband and I decided that our kids would be better off academically if we homeschool. That was 2 years ago, and it was definitely the right decision for our family. Both of my older ones have excelled in math, and even been able to work a full grade level ahead! Last year our middle son started kindergarten through our homeschool program, and he too has excelled in math. I am a pretty proud mom here!

As I know many of you wonder...How are your kids doing socially? Although they do miss their friends at school, we have been blessed with a close knit neighborhood with LOTS of kids around their ages. They get plenty of socialization around here. Additionally, we participate in activities through our homeschool program, where the kids make new friends. They also play sports.

At some point we do plan to move into a new school district and will consider putting our kids back into the regular school system. However, right now, they are thriving in this environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment