Thursday, November 28, 2013

Transformation Thursday: Kimberly


Wow!!! Kimberly P., mother of 8, won $1000 in a Beachbody Challenge, by using Insanity!!! Amazing!!!


Here is her story:
I am Mom!!! I have 8 children, ages 26 to age 5. I am now also Grandma. And I am finishing up with my 20th year of homeschooling my children. That is my life. I have my children with me 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. While that is fantastic, and I love that they are with me, it was difficult on me. After cooking, cleaning, and schooling, there was simply no time left for me to take care of me. The constant cycle of being pregnant and nursing took its toll. I was VERY unhappy with my weight. Well, over 20 years it caught up with me, and I was 110 pounds overweight. Nobody ever expected me to be anything other than Mom, so I never saw it within my power to make the change, until 2012 that is, when I saw it in myself that I could change.

Time was, and always will be my biggest challenge. I am BUSY. I do about 125 loads of laundry and over 100 loads of dishes EVERY MONTH. And there is cooking, shopping, vacuuming, and the insurmountable task of clutter maintenance. (Kids will do that to you, husbands too, for that matter.) And there was the homeschooling to be done. Did you know that a homeschool kid can escape from their seat and disappear within 7.6 seconds once Mom's back is turned? So I needed a program that was quick. I don't have time. And I need one that is loud. I need loud. My kids like to interrupt. As long as I can only see their mouths moving, and see that they are not injured, I am good to go.
I did Insanity because somebody told me that I couldn't do it. We have almost every program that Beachbody sells. So one day I was perusing the shelf, deciding on what program to start and my husband said "Why don't you do Insanity?" I said "Dude, we have like five years of workouts on our shelves. Insanity is probably in year four." He said "I bet that you can do it." I said "I bet that I can't do it." Yes, that is right. I told myself that I couldn't do it. So, clearly to show my husband that I could in fact NOT do Insanity, I started Insanity. And do you know what? He was right. I CAN DO INSANITY! And I can do it better than him (shh! Don't tell him that I said that.)
Insanity gave me confidence. And now I want to go help others find that same confidence. So I am going to become a certified Insanity instructor. I want to reach out to anyone who thinks that they could never do this. Those who would never walk in gym and try it. Those who have every excuse not to do it. I beat the excuses and I want to show everyone that they CAN do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment