Thursday, October 31, 2013

Transformation Thursday: Jennifer

Transformation Thursday: Jennifer F. lost 32 pounds and won $500 using Turbofire and Shakeology.



Here is Jennifer's story: I’ve been overweight my whole life. As a kid I was constantly teased and called names like “chubby cheeks.” Unlike other kids I grew up with, I never outgrew my “pudge” (as I like to call it). In college I was fortunate enough to not gain the “freshman fifteen” but ate on a budget and over time my weight continued to rise. I refused to put on a bathing suit, dress up to go out, or buy clothes. And while I hated being overweight, I didn’t ever do anything about it. I never worked out and pretty much only ate fast food and drank diet pop, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that I eventually ballooned up to 183 pounds.

At a recent physical I got some very unsettling news. My weight was at an all-time high, and if I didn't start making changes soon, my doctor was going to put me on meds for high cholesterol and triglycerides. There was no way I was going to let that happen at such a young age. I’m an adult. I’m in charge of me. And it was finally time to take control of my health once and for all. And to help me not quit, I signed up for a Challenge Group.

I chose TurboFire because I'd already done Turbo Jam and fell in love with Chalene Johnson. The HIIT training combined with the sculpting, toning, and stretching was especially appealing to me because I just began playing ice hockey as a goalie in the fall of 2012. I figured TurboFire would be the most fun way to get in shape, plus I knew she'd have awesome music. I love TurboFire’s variety of workouts including the EZ modes and "New to Class" features. And right when you think you can't do any more, Chalene shouts out: “Guess what? You’re not tired!” or “You’re getting your second wind!”

Not only have I seen physical changes through my progress photos (so glad I took them) but I can feel the difference in how my clothes fit. And when I put my hands on my hips I love the fact that my love handles have significantly shrunk. I'm so proud of myself for making it to day 90 despite some health and emotional challenges. My eating habits have significantly improved, my self-esteem is so much higher, and it feels great when I get compliments from others.

I haven't been this weight in at least 5 years, and have never been more motivated to lead a healthy lifestyle while encouraging others to do the same. I believe that I can achieve great things and create the healthy and fit body, mind, and soul that I desire—and more importantly, deserve. Beachbody has given me the tools, support, and accountability I struggled to find for so many years, and what a difference that has made. I love my coaching team and my new friends, and I know they'll be there every step of the way moving forward. Look out world, I’m ready to take the next step in my weight loss journey, and there's no one or nothing that can stop me!

No comments:

Post a Comment