Monday, July 22, 2013

Motivation Monday - July 22, 2013

Every journey begins with change! The key to becoming more healthy is by changing your lifestyle. But change can be really hard!! Here are the top 5 things I always tell myself when I want to make changes:
  1. Don't jump in head first! 1 small permanent change is better than a bunch of half hearted attempts that don't stick.
  2. Make changes you can live with. You hear it all the time, but nothing could be more true! It's OK to compromise on your changes to turn them into something that will work for you. 
  3. Keep telling yourself that changes in eating habits are NOT meant to deprive you of the foods you love, but to help you learn to love new things and really appreciate the moments when you DO get to indulge in your favorites!
  4. Exercise can be as easy or as complicated as you want to make it. If you hate going to the gym, then just take a walk, or play outside with the kids. Something is better than nothing at all! 
  5. Regardless of what happened yesterday, today is a clean slate! Journeys like this can take a long time. It took 12 years for me to put on all of my weight...it isn't coming off permanently in 6 months (took me 2 years to get where I am, and I still have more I want to lose). Falling off the wagon happens. Just remember solid goals take time and you WILL get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment