Friday, July 26, 2013

Honey!

HONEY!!! I love to sweeten things with honey - yogurt, oatmeal, peanut butter, I even like to drizzle a bit over steamed veggies. A friend of mine is a beekeeper, and has taught me about the benefits of honey. If you can, always buy local raw honey. You will RARELY find local raw honey at the grocery story, so try your local farmers markets, or even the yellow pages for local beekeepers. Local raw honey is an excellent seasonal allergy treatment because it contains all of the local pollens that kick up your histamines - 1 tsp a day during allergy season will help you to build a tolerance. Honey is an antioxidant that will help beef up your immune system. It can help with your blood pressure, heal wounds, and calm nerves. It can help treat asthma and bronchitis. If you have any honey questions, please let me know and I will get the expert answer from my friend. Plus, it tastes great!! Give some honey a try today!





IMPROTANT!!! DO NOT give raw honey to children under 2!! Raw honey does contain small amounts of botulism that can be harmful to young children.

No comments:

Post a Comment